Presentations and posters from the CIPAC Symposium in Liège, Belgium, 2014
- Recent developments and current activities in the physico-chemical evaluation of plant protection products
C Várszegi, Belgian Federal Public Service Health, Food Chain Safety and Environment , Belgium.
- Organization of proficiency tests on physicochemical properties of plant protection products
A Dubois, F Defeijt and G De Poorter, Federal Agency for the Safety of the Food Chain (FASFC) – LFSA Gembloux, Belgium.
- Analysis of plant protection product for monitoring programme
A Santilio, National Institute of Health (Istituto Superiore di Sanità), Italy.
- Work carried out in the Czech Republic
O Nováková, CISTA (Central Institute for Supervising and Testing in Agriculture), Czech Republic.
- The control of the marketing and use of plant protection products in Belgium
J-F Schmit and W Van Ormelingen, Federal Agency for the Safety of the Food Chain (FASFC), Belgium.
- Formulation choice – How and why certain types are chosen
A Fowles, Dow AgroSciences on behalf of ECPA Specification Expert Group, France.
- Pesticide product profiling as a method of evaluating parallel imports and counterfeit products
J Garvey, The Pesticide Control Laboratory, Ireland.
- Simple, fast, in-field detection of counterfeit and illegal material
J H May, DuPont Crop Protection, USA.
- Determination of dioxin-like polychlorinated biphenyls in vegetable oils
V Chmil, L. I. Medved’s Research Center of Preventive Toxicology, Food and Chemical Safety, Ministry of Health, Ukraine.
- Quality control of pesticides containing multiple active ingredients
A Grynko, V Mykhaylov, E Kuznetsova and P Aleynov L. I. Medved’s Research Center of Preventive Toxicology, Food and Chemical Safety, Ministry of Health, Ukraine.
- Determination of allethrin isomers in mosquito-coil products in Thailand by GC-FID
J Nitchanpansri, S Meethong and H Chivanit, Department of Medical Sciences, Ministry of Public Health, Thailand.
- Validation of an HPLC analytical method for the determination of pyrethins in a new nanoemulsion
H Karasali, A Marousopoulou and F Karamaouna, Benaki Phytopathological Institute, Greece.
- Use of engineering systems to model a representative manufacturing process for a new pesticide active ingredient
J Dawson, Dow AgroSciences, United Kingdom.
- Determination of the two relevant impurities iso-temephos and temephos-oxon in formulations containing temephos by UHPLC
V Lecocq, R De Bruyne and M Baes, Walloon Agricultural Research Centre (CRA-W), Belgium.
- Plant protection products: adhesion to and distribution on treated seeds
P De Vos, A Dineur and O Pigeon, Walloon Agricultural Research Centre (CRA-W), Belgium.
- Development of an analytical method for multi-residue determination in LNs and comparative effects of washing and drying procedures on 3 long lasting insecticidal mosquito nets
J P N Ouattara, J Louwagie, O Pigeon and P Spanoghe, Ghent University, Belgium and Walloon Agricultural Research Centre (CRA-W), Belgium.
- Determination of ethylenebis dithiocarbamates in formulated products by HPLC
V Lecocq, R De Bruyne and L Soquette, Walloon Agricultural Research Centre (CRA-W), Belgium.
- VEGEPHY : How the use of oligosaccharides impact the quality of spray applications
Frédéric Lebau, Gilles Rousseau, Patrick Coutanceau and Olivier Pigeon, University of Liege (ULg), Gembloux Agro-Bio Tech, Sciences and Environment Technology Department – Passage des Deportes 2, B-5030 Gembloux, Belgium.
- VEGEPHY : Impact of additive extemporaneous vegetable oils combined with oligosaccharides on pesticide residues and their potential in crop protection
Gilles Rousseau, Patrick Coutanceau, Frédéric Lebau and Olivier Pigeon, University of Liege (ULg), Gembloux Agro-Bio Tech, Sciences and Environment Technology Department – Passage des Deportes 2, B-5030 Gembloux, Belgium.
- CIPAC- Sustainable Methods Development in a Global Network
T Kroehl and R Kober, BASF SE, Federal Republic of Germany.
- Live Demonstration of FTIR/ATR rapid detection of counterfeits and illegal products
J H May, DuPont Crop Protection, USA and Georges Deprez, Thermo Fisher Scientific, Belgium.
- Nitrogen as alternate GC carrier gas for agrochemicals
JAPAC: K Tsunemi and T Watanabe, Nissan chemical industries, Ltd. and Food and agrichemical materials inspection center, Japan.
- Exposure of the population of the population of the metropolitan area of São Paulo (Brazil) to persistent organochlorine pesticides
V R Rossi Lemes, T A Kussumi, V E Nakano, S Bio Rocha, M C Cardeal de Oliveria, I de Albuquerque Kimura, R Kuno and N Gouveia, Instituto Adolfo Lutz, São Paulo, SP – Brazil and Department of Preventive Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of São Paulo, Brazil